Work with MYS
MYS seeks a part-time Development Associate to join our growing team. The Development Associate is a newly created part-time position designed to support the Development Manager and all fundraising and marketing efforts of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have development and/or data management experience, and be enthusiastic about building a base of supporters for MYS’ work to develop, educate and promote young musicians. You will be a strong communicator, enjoy people, understand the importance of quality data management and thrive as part of an energetic and fast-growing organization.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Support foundation and grants program: research grants, track grants, and manage reporting. Includes some writing and editing of proposals.
- Assist with fundraising planning – produce reports on fundraising performance with Development Manager
- Maintain donor database, generate and/or develop database reports as requested, perform extremely accurate data entry
- Provide information and support to donors
- Perform prospect research in coordination with Development Manager
- Perform other tasks in support of donor development as assigned
- Assist with planning and coordination of the annual gala and other donor events
- Support marketing efforts in developing and distributing organizational materials
- Support the production of fundraising materials and quarterly newsletters
- Support social media efforts by collecting, writing, and sharing compelling success stories in coordination with organizational marketing efforts
- Assist with the development and management of media list, send press releases
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong writing, editing and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and maintain a sense of humor
- Highly organized and willing to improve systems to create efficiencies
- Microsoft Office Suite software proficiency
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work with websites and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with relational database software and donor management software (Donor Perfect) strongly preferred
- Previous development experience a plus
Please send your resume, cover letter, three references and writing sample (no longer than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will be accepting applications through January 26th end of day.