Register to Play with MYS
All students (except Beginning Strings) should have at least one year of experience before joining an MYS ensemble, and musicians up through college age can apply. Beginning Strings Registrations are closed until Fall of 2017.
- Fill out an Online Registration Form
- Fill out a Medical Form
- Fill out a Volunteer Form
- Pay the non-refundable $40 Registration Fee (No fee required for Beginning Strings)
- Schedule an audition (see below)
Our regular auditions are held every January, June and August. However, you can schedule an appointment to audition any time of the year.
Orchestra and band auditions can be scheduled for most Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays between 4:00pm and 6:00pm at the MYS office. Jazz auditions can be scheduled for most Saturdays at 9:30am at Roseway Heights School. To schedule an audition, please e-mail our Production Manager or call our office (503.239.4566).
New and returning players audition before the start of each season to make sure they are placed in the best group for their level of ability. Students do not try out for a specific group, but audition by age, and MYS conductors and coaches determine what ensemble is the best fit for them.
- Full-year tuition at MYS is $625.00 for all ensembles except for entry-level ensembles (Sousa Band and Overture Strings). These tuition for these entry-level ensembles are $575.00
- Mid-year tuition (for musicians who enroll in January) is $460.00 for all ensembles except for entry-level ensembles (Sousa Band and Overture Strings). The mid-year tuition for these entry-level ensembles are $435.00
- Financial aid and installment payments are available; please call or email MYS at 503-239-4566 to set up a plan.
Once your student has registered, auditioned and received placement in an ensemble, MYS will send you a tuition commitment form to return to us with your payment.
Financial Aid is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. Please review the financial aid page for information.