Registration for the 2020-2021 season is open!
Register to Play with MYS
We recommend that students (except Beginning Strings) have at least one year of experience before auditioning for an MYS ensemble. Musicians through the second year of college can apply.
You can register by filling out the registration form below.
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee (mandatory)
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
- Interested in our Theory Class or Saturday Beginning Strings program? Click the links to find out more!
Auditions for the 2020-2021 season will be submitted via video (smartphone videos are okay!). Instructions for submitting a video audition will be emailed after the registration process has been completed. To guarantee placement in an ensemble by the first rehearsal of the season, audition videos must be submitted by August 14, 2020.
If you are unable to submit a video audition, please complete the registration process and check the box at the end of the registration form that indicates you need an alternate way to audition and you will be contacted by MYS staff.
Due to processing times, if an applicant’s video is received after August 14, we cannot guarantee placement in an ensemble by the first rehearsal of the season. The applicant will be placed, but may need to start at a later date.
We will continue to offer auditions by request through the Fall as well as offer mid-year enrollment for the Winter/Spring Term, which begins in January.
2020-2021 Tuition Information
Due to the ongoing pandemic, MYS is planning to offer online sessions for Fall Term, which runs September 12 – December 19. We hope to return to in-person rehearsals on January 9, 2021. If that is not possible, we will continue with the online format.
- Tuition for the Fall Term of the 2020-20201 season is $285 for all ensembles except Portland and Hillsboro Overture Strings which is $260. Tuition is due September 12, 2020 (the first day of rehearsal). A $20 late fee will be assessed after that date. Fall Term ends on December 19th.
- 1st Sibling tuition is $245, 2nd Sibling is $215.
- Once your student has received placement in an ensemble, tuition may be paid by credit card via the website or by check. There is a $5 processing fee if paying via the website.
- To pay tuition by check fill out the Tuition Form and write your student(s)’s name(s) in the memo line of the check.
- We offer Financial Aid and Installment Plans. Please fill out a financial aid form and mail with required documents to the MYS office. For more information about paying by installment, contact Sarah McLain at email@example.com.
- Tuition is non-refundable.
Winter/Spring Tuition will be communicated as soon as we know the status of in-person rehearsals. Winter/Spring Tuition is due by January 9, 2021.
Music Theory Class
Music Theory Tuition is $110 for the year. Fall Term classes will take place online. The format for the Winter/Spring Term is to be determined. To enroll in Music Theory, please complete the Music Theory Registration Form in addition to the main registration form.
Tuition Assistance is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. Please review the Financial Aid page for information.