Winter/Spring Tuition Information for Fall Students
For students enrolled in MYS Fall Term 2020, tuition for Winter and Spring terms is due December 12, 2020. For information on Winter/Spring tuition rates and payment options go to Full Year Tuition – 2nd Payment.
Winter/Spring Registration, Audition, and Tuition Information for New Students
We recommend that students (except Beginning Strings) have at least one year of experience before auditioning for an MYS ensemble. Musicians through the second year of college can apply.
You can register by filling out the forms below.
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee (mandatory)
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
Auditions for Winter/Spring 2021 are submitted via video (smartphone videos are okay!). Instructions for submitting a video audition will be emailed after the registration process has been completed.
If you are unable to submit a video audition, please complete the registration process and check the box at the end of the registration form that indicates you need an alternate way to audition and you will be contacted by MYS staff.
Auditions for a Winter start are due Monday, November 30, 2020 for guaranteed placement by the first rehearsal of Winter Term on December 12th. Auditions for the Winter Term will continue to be accepted through the first week of January 2021.
Winter/Spring Tuition Information for New Students
- Tuition for newly enrolled students for the Winter/Spring Term 2021 is $370 for all ensembles except Portland and Hillsboro Overture Strings which is $355. Tuition is due December 12, 2020 or within one week of the student’s first rehearsal for students joining the program after Dec. 12th. A $20 late fee will be assessed after that date.
- Sibling Discount: 1st enrolled student is billed at the full ensemble rate, 1st Sibling tuition rate is $325, 2nd Sibling is $290.
- Once your student has received placement in an ensemble, tuition may be paid by credit card via the website or by check. There is a $5 processing fee if paying by credit card.
- To pay tuition by check fill out the Tuition Form and write your student(s)’s name(s) in the memo line of the check.
- We offer Financial Aid and Installment Plans. Please fill out a financial aid form either online or download and submit by mail with required documents to the MYS office. For more information about paying by installment, contact Sarah McLain at email@example.com.
- Tuition is non-refundable.
Tuition Assistance is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. Please review the Financial Aid page for information.