Register to Play with MYS
All students (except Beginning Strings) should have at least one year of experience before joining an MYS ensemble, and musicians up through college age can apply.
Registration for the 2019-2020 is now open! You can register and select your audition date/time by filling out the registration form below.
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee (mandatory)
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
Interested in our Theory Class or Saturday Beginning Strings program at Roseway Heights Middle School? Visit our Music Classes page for information!
Auditions are held on the following dates. We highly encourage all current MYS students to audition in June.
2019-2020 Audition Dates & Locations:
- August 24, 26: First United Methodist Church (1838 SW Jefferson St; Portland, OR 97219)
- August 17: Hillsboro United Methodist Church (168 NE 8th Ave; Hillsboro, OR 97124)
- August 23: PSU, Lincoln Hall, second floor (1620 SW Park Ave; Portland, OR 97210)
New and returning players audition before the start of each season to make sure they are placed in the best group for their ability level. MYS conductors and coaches determine what ensemble is the best fit for each student.
After you have completed all the registrations steps above, you will receive an email confirming your audition date, time, and location.
- Full-year tuition rates at MYS for the 2019-2020 season will be available soon.
- Mid-year tuition (for musicians who enroll in Winter) is pro-rated to reflect participation in 2 of the 3 terms of the year.
- Financial Aid and installment payments are available. These will available on-line soon.
Once your student has registered, auditioned and received placement in an ensemble, MYS will e-mail you a Tuition & Commitment Form, or you may download it here and to return to us with your payment.
Financial Aid is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. Please review the Financial Aid page for information.