Register to Play with MYS
All students (except Beginning Strings) should have at least one year of experience before joining an MYS ensemble, and musicians up through college age can apply. Auditions for the 2018-2019 season for our Portland and Hillsboro Ensembles are by appointment only at this point in the year.
- Fill out an Online Registration Form
- Beginning Strings (only open for those with less than a year of experience who qualify financially)–registration for 2019-20 season will open in May 2019
- Fill out a Medical Form
- Fill out a Volunteer Form
- Pay the non-refundable $40 Registration Fee (No fee required for Beginning Strings)
- Schedule an audition (see below)
Registration for the 2019-2020 season will open in April 2019.
Auditions are held every June, August, November, and by appointment. New and returning players audition before the start of each season to make sure they are placed in the best group for their ability level. MYS conductors and coaches determine what ensemble is the best fit for each student.
After you have completed all the registrations steps above, the Production Manager will email you with an audition time within your requested time range if it is available.
- Full-year tuition at MYS for the 2018-2019 season is $660 for all ensembles except for Overture Strings. Overture Strings tuition is $620. A second sibling enrollment is $560, and a third sibling is $480.
- Mid-year tuition (for musicians who enroll in January) is $495 for all ensembles except for entry-level ensembles (Sousa Band and Overture Strings). The mid-year tuition for these entry-level ensembles is $470.
- Financial aid and installment payments are available; please call or email MYS at 503-239-4566 to set up a plan.
- Click here for Hillsboro Strings tuition .
Once your student has registered, auditioned and received placement in an ensemble, MYS will e-mail you a Tuition & Commitment Form, or you may download it here and to return to us with your payment.
Financial Aid is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. Please review the financial aid page for information.