- Full-year tuition at MYS for the 2019-2020 season is $675 for all ensembles except Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Overture Strings, and Hillsboro Overture Strings, which are $645. A second sibling enrollment is $575, and a third sibling is $495. Playing in a second ensemble is free. Payments received after September 7 will incur an additional $25 late fee.
- Mid-year tuition (for musicians who enroll in Winter) is pro-rated to reflect participation in 2 of the 3 terms of the year.
- Financial Aid and Installment payments are available.
Once your student has registered, auditioned and received placement in an ensemble, MYS will e-mail you a link to our Tuition & Commitment Form so that you can print it out and return it to us with your payment. You can also pay tuition through the website.
Financial Aid is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. Please review the Financial Aid page for information.
Register to Play with MYS
All students (except Beginning Strings) should have at least one year of experience before joining an MYS ensemble, and musicians up through college age can apply.
Registration for the 2019-2020 is now open! You can register and select your audition date/time by filling out the registration form below. *Winter Auditions are scheduled by appointment*
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee (mandatory)
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
Auditions are held by appointment.
New and returning players audition before the start of each season to make sure they are placed in the best group for their ability level. MYS conductors and coaches determine what ensemble is the best fit for each student.
After you have completed all the registrations steps above, you will receive an email confirming your audition date, time, and location.