Registration for the 2020-2021 season is open!
Register to Play with MYS
We recommend that students (except Beginning Strings) have at least one year of experience before auditioning for an MYS ensemble. Musicians through the second year of college can apply.
You can register by filling out the registration form below.
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee (mandatory)
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
Auditions for the 2020-2021 season will be submitted via video (smartphone videos are okay!). Instructions for submitting a video audition will be emailed after the registration process has been completed. Audition videos will be accepted after June 1 and are due by August 14, 2020. Results of the audition will be sent by email within a month of submission.
If you are unable to submit a video audition, please complete the registration process and check the box at the end of the registration form that indicates you need an alternate way to audition and you will be contacted by MYS staff.
Due to processing times, if an applicant’s video is received after August 14th, we cannot guarantee placement in an ensemble by the first rehearsal of the season. The applicant will be placed, but may need to start at a later date.
We will continue to offer auditions by request through the Fall as well as offer mid-year enrollment for the second term, which begins in early December.
New and returning players audition before the start of each season to make sure they are placed in the best group for their ability level. MYS conductors determine what ensemble is the best fit for each student.
- Full-year tuition at MYS for the 2020-2021 season is $675 for all ensembles except Concert Band, Symphonic Band, Portland and Hillsboro Overture Strings, which are $645. A second sibling enrollment is $575, and a third sibling is $495. Playing in a second ensemble is free. Payments received after September 12th will incur an additional $25 late fee.
- Mid-year tuition (for musicians who enroll in Winter) is pro-rated to reflect participation in 2 of the 3 terms of the year.
- Tuition is non-refundable and there is no discount for early payment
- Financial Aid and Installment payments are available. Apply online or by mail.
Once your student has registered, auditioned and received placement in an ensemble, MYS will e-mail you a link to our Tuition & Commitment Form so that you can print it out and return it to us with your payment. You can also pay tuition through the website.
Tuition Assistance is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. Please review the Financial Aid page for information.