MYS believes that music education lasts a lifetime; building character, relationships, and leaders. When students of vastly different backgrounds sit together in an ensemble, they not only develop as musician, they develop as the next generation of artists. Moreover, the transferable skills learned through our music education programs go beyond skills needed for musicians – these skills create the foundation for the next generation of competitive workers, engaged citizens, and community leaders.
“Playing in an orchestra sets you up for life. You learn how to work in a team. I was a principal in my section, and learned how to lead. People don’t always understand that in job interviews. It’s given me a lot of life skills, it’s the foundation for any type of career.” – Tricia, MYS Alumni
Our corporate partners are as unique as the young musicians they support. Contact us to create a custom partnership, which includes tax deductible gifts, employee matching, in-kind donations, and volunteerism.
MYS invites you to join our community commitment as a sponsor of our upcoming events, including both our annual gala, CRESCENDO, and our downtown concert series.
Depending Upon Your Sponsorship, Your Benefits May include:
- Six months of print, digital, and radio advertising as an MYS partner
- Advertising in our programs for our downtown concert series
- Dress circle tickets for you and your employees to our downtown concert series
- Invitations to exclusive receptions, student concertns, and lectures by our staff & guest artists
- Tickets to our annual gala, CRESCENDO, with VIP bar and lounge access
Contact us to sponsor MYS and become part of our community
Why Music Matters
Research proves that music changes the way young people think. When young people participate in the arts, they are four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement and they have better attendance, lower dropout rates, higher confidence, and stronger writing skills.
Music matters, here’s why:
- Music Lessons Enhance Brain Function in Disadvantaged Kids
- A Musical Fix for American Schools
- Read the Arts Education Navigator by Americans for the Arts
What I like about MYS is that it gives me a chance to play in a band, because I don’t have a school band. – Kaitlin, MYS student