Music Matters. Give Today!
Your charitable contributions allow us to provide the highest quality of teaching to all our students, including tuition assistance for low-income families and our beginning strings program for students who may not have otherwise had the opportunity to play music. We also have planned giving options available.
Thank you for your support!
- $1,500 covers one community concert venue for MYS students to perform
- $675 supports one MYS student with full tuition assistance for an entire season
- $500 covers minimum transportation costs for one concert at a disadvantaged school
- $200 affords a low-income strings student a new instrument at no cost
- $75 provides MYS students a rehearsal space to practice for one hour
- $15 donates a ticket for a guest to attend a MYS concert at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Ask about matching gifts! Some employers have a matching gift program where they will match a portion of your gift with a donation of their own. Intel, for example, will match 100% of your gift. Contact your human resources department to see if your employer has a matching gift program that you can donate through.
Metropolitan Youth Symphony is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, ensuring that your donation is tax deductible. To make a non-cash donation, contact us.
Make your donation to the Oregon Cultural Trust by Dec. 31 to earn a tax credit for your entire Cultural Trust donation. Here’s how:
- TOTAL all of your donations made to cultural organizations this year.
- GIVE a matching amount to the Oregon Cultural Trust at http://culturaltrust.org/get-involved/donate/.
- CLAIM the Cultural Tax Credit on your State taxes.
The tax credit is limited to $500 for an individual and $1,000 for a couple filing jointly.