May 20, 2022, 7:30 pm
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Raúl Gómez-Rojas, conductor
- Symphony No. 4, op. 36 by Pyotr Tchaikovsky (1840–1893). Working during the Romantic Period, Tchaikovsky brought Russian music to unprecedented international popularity. He dedicated his Symphony No. 4 to his patroness, Nadezhda von Meck, affirming her as an equal partner in its creation.
- World premiere of a collaborative work by The Authentic Voice composer Koharu Sakiyama and poet Laila Vickers, student leader and writer from the I Am M.O.R.E program, the award-winning youth leadership development program.
- Concerto in One Movement for Oboe and Chamber Orchestra by Eugene Goossens performed by 2022 MYS Concerto Competition winner Abigail Kim.
Giancarlo Castro D’Adonna, conductor
- Overture, The Barber of Seville by Gioachino Rossini arr. Mark Woodward
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Danny Elfman arr. Victor López