I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. This Sunday (12/3) we will read 4 out of 6 arrangements of songs by Jimmie Herrod, created by Young Composers Project students. We will offer feedback to the arrangers so they can make any final edits/corrections.
In the second half of rehearsal, we will work on Tomás Bretón’s En la Alhambra.
- 4:00pm-5:30pm: Arrangements by Elaina Stuppler, Adrian Valenzuela, Frazar Henry and Lex Kornelis.
- 5:30pm-5:50pm: break
- 5:50pm-7:00pm: Bretón
More important information:
- Temporary PDF score and parts for Jimmie’s songs can be found here.
- Bretón part assignments – go to page 3 for winds/brass/harp (reminder: my rosters are NOT rankings)
- PDFs for Bretón’s En la Alhambra
- Reference Audio
Temporary part assignments for Jimmie’s songs will be e-mailed on Friday.
Notes for harp and percussion:
- Harp: there is a harp part for 2 of the songs: Are You Lonely and Willow Bed.
- Percussion: look for an e-mail from me and/or Mr. Schlossman with part assignments.
In addition to Bretón’s piece and the arrangments of Jimmie’s songs, this concert includes a piece by Portuguese composer Luis de Freitas Branco and Portland’s own Kenji Bunch. We’ll distribute PDFs of those parts soon.