MYS COVID Protocols – Updated: 6/2/2023
The MYS COVID-19 protocols will be updated as needed throughout the season.
For the 2023-2024 Season, MYS is strongly recommending vaccinations and boosters for MYS students. Students are asked about their vaccination status when registering.
- Masking is optional at all MYS Concerts.
- If you are not feeling well, please fill out an absence form and choose to stay at home.
- If a student exhibits COVID symptoms while at MYS, they will be set apart from the rest of the group and parents will be notified immediately.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if your student has tested positive for COVID. The student’s identity will be kept confidential.
- If a student, staff, artistic team or volunteer, tests positive for COVID, MYS will notify impacted families immediately. The infected person is expected to follow CDC Guidelines regarding quarantine.
Returning to Rehearsal after COVID
Students who have had a confirmed case of COVID-19 should follow the CDC guidelines for isolation, quarantine, and masking. If a student is eligible to leave quarantine they should remain masked at rehearsals through day 10 unless they have had 2 negative COVID tests 48hrs apart. If a student is within this 10 day period and is unable to remain masked for the entire rehearsal due to the type of instrument they play (wind/brass), they should remain home until after the 10 day period or they test negative as described above and are eligible to end masking.