Follow these steps to prepare your part for the MYS Virtual Performances:
- Find the Click Track for your Ensemble in the MYS Music Library.
Direct links to the click tracks below:
- Download, print your assigned part and practice along with the click track. All music and part assignments can be found in the MYS Music Library by clicking the name of your Ensemble.
- Shoot your video. You might need to make several takes until you get your best one.
- You will need 2 devices: one to play the click track (with headphones!) and one to record the video. Whatever you do, make sure your microphone is not picking up the click track.
- Make sure to have the best possible recording conditions: good framing, light, no background noise, etc.
- At the very end of your piece, as soon as the piece is over, please look and the camera and smile for at least 5 seconds. You can also wave to the camera if you want.
- Attire: wear concert clothes, with fun accessories if you want.
- Our video will look something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p09hpKAv9Jc
- Share your video with us. Find the “Upload Video” button on your Ensemble’s page in the MYS Music Library. Click the button and follow the instructions to upload your video.
- Videos are due by Friday, 5/15. If at all possible, please send your video as early as you can. It will allow us more time to put it together.
Example from the Colorado Symphony:
MYS Symphony Orchestra’s Virtual Performance: