Give the Gift of Music
“What I like about MYS is that it gives me a chance to play in a band, because I don’t have a school band.” – Kaitlin, MYS student
Tuition and ticket sales cover only half of the cost of educating our young musicians.
At Metropolitan Youth Symphony, we believe that every child should have access to music, regardless of their skill level or financial ability. Your support allows us to provide the highest quality of teaching to all of our students, including low-income families supported by our tuition assistance program and students who have may not otherwise have the opportunity to play music, supported by our beginning strings program.
“Being able to participate in orchestra is a difficult thing to do for children whose families are struggling financially. Many public schools no longer offer orchestra and so is the case for my daughter. She has never received a private lesson, so she tries to soak up everything being taught in her Overture class from Metropolitan Youth Symphony. I really can’t thank MYS enough for giving her the opportunity.” – MYS parent
Ways to Give to MYS
- Donate today with a one-time or recurring gift
- Donate through your employer’s matching gift program by contacting your HR department
- Donate an instrument or an in-kind donation. Our wish list is coming soon, until then contact us!
- Donate when you shop at Fred Meyers by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to MYS (#92672)
- Donate to the Oregon Cultural Trust and when you make a matching donation to MYS, you get the entire matching donation back as a tax credit.