Registration for the 2022-2023 Season is now open!
We recommend that students (except Beginning Strings) have at least one year of experience before auditioning for an MYS ensemble. Musicians through the second year of college can apply.
You can register by filling out the forms below.
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee (mandatory)
*The $40 registration fee is waived for students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
Registration for Music Theory is now open! Register here!
Auditions for ensemble placement in the 2022-2023 season will be conducted via self-recorded video (smartphone videos are okay!) and will consist of two steps. Instructions for submitting a video audition will be emailed after the registration process has been completed. Auditions for all ensemble types are being accepted and placements will be made on a rolling basis into the Fall Term. Winter Term registration is also available. Students registering for Orchestra or Band should select an alternative date when completing the registration form to submit their scheduled excerpts.
If you are unable to submit a video audition, please complete the registration process and check the box at the end of the registration form that indicates you need an alternate way to audition and you will be contacted by MYS staff.
2022-2023 Tuition Fees
Tuition for the 2022-2023 season for all ensembles is $825, except Portland and Hillsboro Overture which is $785, and is due Friday, September 9, 2022. There is no charge to play in a second MYS ensemble. Please pay tuition upon receiving your placement in an ensemble.
- Sibling discounts are offered: Your first student is billed at the full rate ($825), 2nd student receives a 15% discount ($700), and 3rd(+) student(s) receives an additional 15% ($595) off the 2nd student rate.
- Payment may be made by credit card via the MYS website (there is a $15 service fee). Tuition can also be paid via check (payable to “MYS”) mailed to our office along with a Tuition Form. Please write your student(s)’s name(s) in the memo line of the check.
- Students starting after the first rehearsal on Sept. 10th will receive a tuition due date upon placement in an ensemble.
- A $25 late fee will be assessed for payments made after September 9, 2022 or later than one week after student’s first rehearsal if starting after September 10th.
- We offer Tuition Assistance. Please apply online or fill out a Tuition Assistance Form (English, Spanish) and mail with required documents to the MYS office.
- Installment Plans are available. For information about paying by installment, contact Sarah McLain at email@example.com.
- Tuition is non-refundable. If the State of Oregon/Oregon Department of Health mandate that in-person gatherings are no longer possible, MYS will refund tuition pro-rated for rehearsals held.
- No student is turned away for lack of ability to pay, please contact us for more information.
Music Theory (open to all ensembles)
- Music Theory tuition is $195 for the 2022-2023 Season.
- All classes will meet online for the 2022-2023 season, see schedule at link below.
- To enroll in these optional, but recommended, classes, please complete the Music Theory Registration Form in addition to the main ensemble registration form.
- New Students will be given an assessment that helps us accurately place your student in the one of the 4 levels
Tuition Assistance is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. No student is turned away for lack of ability to pay. Please review the Financial Aid page for more information about Tuition Assistance and Installment Plans.