Register to Play with MYS:
2023-2024 season registration is now open!
We recommend that students have at least one year of experience before auditioning for an MYS ensemble. Musicians may participate in an MYS ensemble through their second year of college.
You can register by filling out the registration form below.
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee* (mandatory)
*The $40 registration fee is waived for students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
Register for MYS Music Theory! You may learn more about the program here.
We will be offering Live and Video Auditions for the 2023-2024 season. See the Audition Information page for the live audition schedule.
Live Auditions: Students may schedule their Live Auditon date in the Registration Form. Live auditions will include solo repertoire and scales, as well as a sight-reading exercise. A confirmation email with the selected live audition date & time will be emailed after the registration process has been completed. String students may auditon at any location, wind, brass, percussion or Jazz students may select from the Portland audition dates/times.
Video Auditions: Self-recorded video auditions will consist of 2 parts: solo repertoire and scales and excerpts. The excerpts will be sent to students on a scheduled date and will take the place of sight reading that occurrs in the live audition. Students may schedule their excerpt exercise in the registration form. A confirmation email with information about how to submit video auditions will be emailed to you after the registration process is completed.
Custom dates for Live Auditions or Scheduled Excerpts may be requested via the registration form. A member of the MYS Staff will reach out to you to schedule a date and time for your student to complete their audition. Contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
New and returning players audition before the start of each season to make sure they are placed in the best group for their ability level. MYS conductors determine what ensemble is the best fit for each student.
Check out tips for a successful video audition and audition requirements.
2023-2024 Tuition Fees
There is no charge to play in a second MYS ensemble. Please pay tuition upon receiving your placement in an ensemble.
2023-2024 Full-Season Tuition
- The 2023-2024 season tuition for all ensembles is TBD. Tuition is due Friday, September 1, 2023, or within one week of student’s first rehearsal if starting after September 9th. (Tuition for 2023-2024 season will be announced soon, 2022-2023 full season tuition was $825)
- Sibling discounts are offered: Your first student is billed at the full rate, 2nd student receives a 10% discount , and 3rd(+) student(s) receives an additional 10% off the 2nd student rate.
- A $25 late fee will be assessed for any payments received after September 1st or later than one week after student’s first rehearsal if starting after September 9th.
- Payment may be made by credit card via the MYS website (there is a 2% service fee). Tuition can also be paid via check (payable to “MYS”) mailed to our office along with a Tuition Form. Please write your student(s)’s name(s) in the memo line of the check.
- We offer Tuition Assistance. Please apply online or fill out a financial aid form (English, Spanish) and mail with required documents to the MYS office.
- Installment Plans are available. For information about paying by installment, contact Sarah McLain at [email protected].
- Tuition is non-refundable.
- No student is turned away for lack of ability to pay, please contact us for more information.
Music Theory (open to all ensembles)
- Music Theory tuition is $210 for the 2023-2024 Season.
- All classes will meet online for the 2023-2024 season, see schedule at link below.
- To enroll in these optional, but recommended, classes, please complete the Music Theory Registration Form in addition to the main ensemble registration form.
- New Students will be given an assessment that helps us accurately place your student in one of the 5 levels.
Tuition Assistance is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. No student is turned away for lack of ability to pay. Please review the Financial Aid page for more information about Tuition Assistance and Installment Plans.