Registration for the 2022-2023 Season is now open!
We recommend that students (except Beginning Strings) have at least one year of experience before auditioning for an MYS ensemble. Musicians through the second year of college can apply.
You can register by filling out the forms below.
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee (mandatory)
*The $40 registration fee is waived for students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
Music Theory Registration will open soon!
Auditions for ensemble placement in the 2022-2023 season will be conducted via self-recorded video (smartphone videos are okay!) and will consist of two steps. Instructions for submitting a video audition will be emailed after the registration process has been completed. Recordings are due Sunday, August 7 for guaranteed placement by the first rehearsal of Fall Term. Early submissions are encouraged. However, auditions for all ensembles types will continue to be accepted and placements will be made on a rolling basis during the first couple of weeks of Fall Term. Winter Term registration is also available. Students who register after August 7 for Orchestra or Band will receive updated instructions to complete the audition process.
Auditions will begin to be accepted on June 1, 2022, please do not submit your audition before this date.
If you are unable to submit a video audition, please complete the registration process and check the box at the end of the registration form that indicates you need an alternate way to audition and you will be contacted by MYS staff.
2022-2023 Tuition Fees
- The 2022-2023 season tuition for new students for all ensembles is TBD. There is no additional charge to play in a second MYS ensemble.
- Sibling discounts are offered: Your first student is billed at the full rate, 2nd student receives a 15% discount, and 3rd(+) student(s) receives an additional 15% off the 2nd student rate.
- A $25 late fee will be assessed for any payments received after the tuition due date or later than one week after student’s first rehearsal if starting after September 10th.
- Payment may be made by credit card via the MYS website (there is a $15 service fee). Tuition may also be paid via check (payable to “MYS”) mailed to our office along with a Tuition Form. Please write your student(s)’s name(s) in the memo line of the check.
- We offer Tuition Assistance. Please apply online or fill out a financial aid form (English, Spanish) and mail with required documents to the MYS office.
- Installment Plans are available. For information about paying by installment, contact Sarah McLain at email@example.com.
- Tuition is non-refundable. If the State of Oregon/Oregon Department of Health mandate that in-person gatherings are no longer possible, MYS will refund tuition pro-rated for rehearsals held.
- No student is turned away for lack of ability to pay, please contact us if you have concerns.
Tuition Assistance is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. No student is turned away for lack of ability to pay. Please review the Financial Aid page for more information about Tuition Assistance and Installment Plans.