Register to Play with MYS:
2021-2022 season now open
We recommend that students (except Beginning Strings) have at least one year of experience before auditioning for an MYS ensemble. Musicians through the second year of college can apply.
You can register by filling out the registration form below.
- Fill out the Registration Form and pay the non-refundable Registration Fee* (mandatory)
*The $40 registration fee is waived for students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch
- Fill out the Medical Form (mandatory)
- Fill out the Volunteer Form (optional)
Music Theory class registration is now open! Find out more about the program or register here.
Auditions for the 2021-2022 season will be submitted via video (smartphone videos are okay!). Instructions for submitting a video audition will be emailed after the applicant’s registration has been completed.
Due to processing times, if an applicant’s video is received after August 22nd, we cannot guarantee placement in an ensemble by the first rehearsal. The applicant will be placed but may need to start on a later date.
Results of the audition will be sent by email within a month of submission.
If you are unable to submit a video audition, please complete the registration process and check the box at the end of the registration form that indicates you need an alternate way to audition and you will be contacted by MYS staff.
We will continue to offer auditions by request through the Fall as well as offer mid-year enrollment for the second term, which begins in January.
New and returning players audition before the start of each season to make sure they are placed in the best group for their ability level. MYS conductors determine what ensemble is the best fit for each student.
2021-2022 Tuition Fees
We anticipate returning to in-person rehearsals and concerts in September 2021, however, do not yet have any definitive guidelines for gathering in groups. As a reminder, in a typical year our ensembles rehearse on Saturday for 2-3 hours at sites in Portland and Hillsboro.
- Tuition is $725 for the 2021-2022 season. Tuition is due Friday, September 10, 2021. There is no charge to play in a second MYS ensemble.
- A $25 late fee will be assessed for any payments received after Friday, September 10, 2021.
- Students starting after the first rehearsal on Sept. 11th will receive a tuition due date upon placement in an ensemble.
- Sibling discounts are offered: Your first student is billed at the full rate, 2nd student receives a 15% discount, and 3rd student is an additional 15% off the 2nd student rate.
- Please pay tuition upon receiving your placement in an ensemble.
- Tuition Assistance and Installment Plans are available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Mid-year tuition (for musicians who enroll Winter term) is pro-rated to reflect participation in 2 of the 3 terms of the year.
- Tuition is non-refundable. If the State of Oregon/Oregon Department of Health mandate that in-person gatherings are no longer possible, MYS will refund tuition pro-rated for rehearsals held.
- No student is turned away for lack of ability to pay, please contact us if you have concerns.
Music Theory Tuition
Music Theory tuition is $125 for the year. Follow the link below to register or learn more about our music theory program.
Tuition Assistance is Available
MYS believes that every student deserves access to music education, regardless of their background or economic circumstance. No student is turned away for lack of ability to pay. Please review the Financial Aid page for more information about Tuition Assistance and Installment Plans.