Hi everybody! I cannot believe we’re almost at the end of September already!! Below is a recap of Sunday 9/24/23, as well as our rehearsal plan for 10/01/23.
A reminder of my recommended practice strategy:
- Between our Sunday rehearsal and whenever you get my weekly e-mail (usually Tuesdays), practice what we worked on in the last rehearsal.
- Between Tuesday and the following Sunday, practice what we will be doing in that next rehearsal.
- Hisaishi: we listened to our reference recording, read the whole piece and did a little work.
- Beauty and the Beast: we listened to a reference performance and “Belle” from the original Disney animated movie. We read the whole piece and did a tiny bit of work.
- Dukas: # to end of piece, with some light work.
- Mussorgsky, H to end of piece, with some light work as well.
Rehearsal plan for 10/01/23
- Detailed work on Mussorgsky (with Giancarlo Castro D’Addona, guest conductor)
- Percussion with Mr. Schlossman
- Sectionals!!! Focused on Dukas
- Violin 1
- Violin 2
- Cello + bass
- Winds/brass/percussion together
NOTE: Please also start practicing The Little Mermaid Suite and Poor Unfortunate Souls!
Concert Cue Volunteers
- Thank you to those of you who volunteered to annotate pieces on Concert Cue for our November concert. I’ll be in touch to schedule a “training” session (on Zoom). In the meantime, feel free to start researching the pieces, or listening to recordings and finding your favorite moments that you would like to highlight in real-time.
- Mussorgsky – Dana
- YCP – composers
- Beauty and the Beast – Alice
- Mermaid – Liam
- Poor Unfortunate Souls – Violet
- Dukas – Kate
- Hisaishi – Aidric
Up-to-date part assignments can be found by clicking on the link on the sidebar on the right (or the “quick links” towards the bottom of the page if you’re on mobile).
Happy practicing and see you Sunday!